Features of High Voltage Capacitors
- Internal fuse types or standard type (fuseless) available upon request.
- Low dissipation factor, low-temperature rise, long service life.
- Stable capacitance with little variation due to temperature.
- Impregnated with high insulation strength and non-PCB biodegradable fluid in the vacuum tank.
- Internal fuse capacitor mainly has more safety, higher reliability, less installation space, lower installation, and maintenance costs.
Construction of HV Capacitor
|Insulation fluid||Non-PCB fluid|
|Bushing / Color||Wet process porcelain
Color: Baby blue, Munsell 5B 8/4
|Case material / Color||Steel (Stainless steel available upon request)|
|Paint / Color||Epoxy / Urethane system with corrosion, acid and alkali, and weather resistant
Color: Sand, Munsell 7.5Y 7/2
|Earth connection||One side bracket has ground terminal ( One request for unpainted area under the brackets for earthing)|
Summarized Comparisons Between Internal Fuse Type and External Fuse Type Capacitors
|Items||Internal Fuse Capacitors||External Fuse Capacitors|
|Continuous usability after fuse cuts off||Excellent||Low|
|Reactive power loss after fuse cuts off||Low||High|
|Possibility of spurious fuse operation||Low||High|
|Case breakdown possibility||Low||High|
|Unbalance protection difficulty||Low||High|
|Need for spare capacitors||Low||High|
|Servicing and maintenmance||Low||High|